Thursday, October 22, 2009

Martha!!!!!!!!


I have always said that I wanted to meet Martha before I die.......and I got to!!!!!!! We I heard she would be in LA for a book signing I was estactic! Talked the best hubby in the world into taking me, stood in line for 2 hours.....which wasnt too bad because they served us wine and cupcakes and all kinds of goodies, (the signing was at Sur la Table)....so that by the time we left we were stuffed! I have to say she was all I imagined in person, very very pretty...and she took time to make small talk with me...and silly me, I was so overwhelmed I think I may have got teary.....lolololololol......sooooo one more thing off the bucket list!



I took a couple of classes this week and one of them was a tote bag class.........I really enjoyed it, and Im loving being off and doing things like this........



This is my sister Linda and the beautiful bag she made.......shes off now too and we are really enjoying doing things like this together.

This is the nice lady that sat next to me and her beautiful tote...

I decided to make a rather large tote and use it for a diaper bag......did I mention Im going to be a Grandma??????? So I had a couple of charm packs of this cute fabric, I think its play and learn or somthing like that...so heres my 1/2 finished diaper bag...all I have left to do is the top stitching around the top and some ties on the side, and as soon as its finished I will post a pic...I have charm squares left over and I think I will make a little quilt to go in the bag for changing or whatever.
All in all...fabulous week.........even the weather has been great...a little warm for October but not wicked hot....
Have a great week!

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Martha, Martha - I am so excited that you got to meet her. She's on my list along with Donny and Marie.

Nancy said...

Oh and your bags are awesome too. I was so excited about the pics of you and Martha that I forgot to scroll down - lol.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Martha! Lucky you! Love that bag too. I have the same pattern and a bag started. I just need to finish it.

CuteStuffInside said...

Great bags! Frannie and I have met Martha too (at Stew Leonards) and she was very nice - especially because Frannie has the same name as her dog - Francesca.

I'm so sorry about the Dodgers - I was really hoping for a Dodgers and Yankee world series.

S.W.A.K.

Kris said...

Hey....welcome back to your blog! I have missed you! Did you meet Maaatha at the Pasadena Sur la Table? I got tickets last year for my Mom and brother and I to meet Paula Dean. She was so warm and personable. We stood in line for 2 hours in the rain. But it was fun! However, they did NOT feed us!!!
She does look good. Hey..where did you take your classes???? I wanna play...I wanna play....I wanna play!!!!!

glenni said...

fun pics with martha!!!!!! LOVE the tote bags!!!!! you and linda are so lucky to get to do stuff together!

Debbie said...

Hi

Long time no blog, haha..I LOVE the bag. Can you get the pattern for it, or do they give it to you at the class? How difficult is it?? I could use a diaper bag too. Congratulations on being a Grandma. It is easily the best role in the world. Blessings to you, Debbie

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How cool. Did you say wine and cupcakes?? That Joe he's a keeper.
Good job on the tote bag. I knew you could do it.

Lorraine said...

........so which one is Martha..LOLOL......lucky you.....love the bags.....how nice for you to be able to do these workshops with your sister....! Enjoy

Debbietheothermother said...

EVERYTHING WAS SO COOL..I LOVE YOURE BLOG.NICE PICTURES..AND I KNOW YOU COULD GET TO LA FAST ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT'S HER NAME..LOL I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.

Ginger Patches said...

What book is she promoting? Sounds like my kind of book signing :) Love your diaper bag, what perfect fabric for it!