Monday, July 11, 2011

Yippy Skippy......


I made a doll!!!!!! lololol...not that I havent made hundreds of Annies....way too many to count....I have not made one in ages...AGES!!!!!!!
Years ago under the name of AllThingsRaggedy I sold my Annies on Ebay, folkofart and RantingRaven.....and at shows....but then I got a JOB...and so I stopped making them for about...geez...probably 7 or 8 years!!!!!! And I LOVED my job...selling perfume...BUT when the economy took a dump it was no longer as fun...so I retired. Well. I retired a few times and was lured back BUT now Im retired for good....FOR GOOD!!!!!!
I have made a few dolls over the years...just for friends...but I havent made one in the last year or two...
SO my sister and I...and my old partner Raggedyoldfriend and MAYBE HOPEFULLY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE my BFF decided to do a show...in October at Piecemakers......now we used to do this show 3 times a year when we were selling dolls and its always a blast...so I decided WHY not????? I mean..Im still retired, but I can make a few dolls..right? My sister Lindamakes the most amazing totes (go check them out) and so I figured it would be fun to join her and do the show......and Lieghanne makes the most amazing dolls ever...so it should be fun. Piecemakers is an amazing quilt shop and they always put on a great show...live band...yummy food and its down at the beach so how can we go wrong????
So this weekend I broke the ice and decided to see if I could still sew....lol....its always fun to see them come together!

10 comments:

Pokey said...

How sweet she is! I think you and your sis will do great! I'll try for October, can you post a reminder later, Deb? thanks ~
:-}pokey

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your Annie. You are so very talented.

Kris said...

Cute doll! Isn't that a great feeling! I am sorry I won't be doing the show with you this time. I have too much on my plate, and know I would be stressed to take it on. Love your new header too!!! Isn't it nice and cool today!!!

Darlene said...

Oh, she's so stinkin' cute! I want to be put on your customer list - I need one of your Annie's. LOL

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Glad you made it back into the sewing room! Annie is super cute!

Wendy said...

She is so cute, I'm sure you'll do very well at the show.

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will never forget how to make them! oct is still looking really good :)

Carol said...

She is as cute as she can be!

Perry said...

Cute dolls. Will be looking for them now.

quiltmom anna said...

Deb,
Your Annie is great- I made a pair of raggedy Ann and Andy dolls years ago- They are 3 feet tall so they are large.
I want to find or make a smaller one for my great niece baby Annabelle but most of the ones I have seen are not for children to be played with- perhaps I will have to make my own...
Good luck with your doll project- they all will be a hit.
Warmest regards,
Anna