Friday, May 18, 2012

A little progress......

Remember my post for the new year...Im sure you dont lolol...but I choose my word RESOLVE and I made a list of things I resolved to do.....I have made a little progress on a few things. These SHOES......I promised them to myself as a reward if I lost 20 pounds....that happened a few weeks ago...BUT these shoes came in so many cool colors...lime green....yellow...tiffany blue...that it took me a while to decide what color I wanted. They are soooo lightweight its like going barefoot!!!!!
So....I do still have about 10 or 15 more pounds I want to lose...but at least Im getting there....its SO hard...I pretty much gave up carbs, and I tell you the world is a prettier place when I can eat carbs...lololo....the HARDEST thing for me to give up was my coffee creamer!!!!!!!!!! BUT...I have decided I really want it...so I will just cut back on coffee and have one good cup a day!
I have also made progress in the nail biting department.....I have had a few set backs but all in all Im doing good!
I also resolved to learn to crochet......I started a blanket for my soon to be grandson...BUT I HATE the yarn...NOT FUN...so maybe I will finish it and maybe I wont.....my moneys on the latter lol.
I also resolved to play more, and I HAVE.....which is probably why I havent done a lot of the other things I resolved to do!!!! My daughter has a couple of more weeks to go til Jameson is born....so looking foward to it but I have to say Im a little nervous....having only had girls, and only 2 granddaughters....no boys...that penis is making me a little nervous!!! LMAO....I have heard changing boys is a whole new ballgame!!!! Tonight we are having chili dogs and watching the dodgers.....2 years ago right about now.....Chelsey was pregnant and she came over and had chili and watched the Dodgers with us.....later that night she went into labor....2 weeks early....we are trying to recreate that night lolol.... Have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

Pokey said...

Hey, all good news (except about the yarn), here's hoping the Chili and Dodgers do their trick again, ha-ha!
That pool setting sure looks inviting~
:-}pokey

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

That is great! I need to be more strict with myself. I do wel for 3 days and then I let lose. Cute sneakers!

Kris said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. Now can you motivate me??? Love those shoes. I have some black and pink Nike's that are very similar. Like going barefoot is right! You are giving up on the crochet? Scrap that one, and get a yarn you love. It will be so much easier and more rewarding to finish. Good luck with the new baby! I hope she goes into labor tonight, and all is well.
You certainly have been having a lot of fun lately. I am envious. One day though....on day!!!

Holly said...

Wow! You look amazing! So proud of you. I miss carbs too. Potato chips, potatos, pasta. I'm pretty sure they missme too but it's really worth it, isn't it? Keep up the good work!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

You are lookin good!! I love your hair. I'm ready to chop mine off once again.
Those shoes, very cute.
I didn't know you bit your nails??? haaaa

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Congratulations. You look great. Just so you know I found those 20 lbs. you lost.
Love the shoes. The conservative me would go for the blue, but would wish I had the lime green.
Your nails do not look like the nails of a biter. Keep up the good work.
Good luck with the Chili Dogs. No need to be nervous about the little boy baby. I raised 3 and found my granddaughters a challenge to change. More crevices and hiding places. LOL That little guy will capture your heart.

Linda said...

Love the shoes...lime green sounds good too! Boys are so easy to change...just be ready with a diaper to put on top the first couple times so you don't get a shower!! Fun times ahead!!