Saturday, March 2, 2013

My newest obsession....

 If you have been reading for blog for any length of time you know I have a few obsessions...like...magazines...reality shows....purses....etc.....well...here is my latest!!! I have discovered GEL NAILS!!!! now, I have been a nail biter for all my life with spans of non biting, then I backslide. That coupled with tea and coffee dying dolls and gardening etc...my nails ALWAYS looked bad! WELL....enter gel nails!!!! I know they do this at the nail shops but Im always looking for a cheaper and faster way...so I bought a system to do them myself. You can find these on amazon, ulta, target etc....I got mine at Ulta. Check out the before, and the reason my nails are this long is I have been wearing the gel for about 6 weeks.....remember I made a New Years resolution not to bite my nails?
 This is the system I bought.......
and this is the after.....and they wont break and I cant bite them!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!! most dolls makers I know always have trouble keeping thier nails nice..this my peeps is the answer!!!!!!!!!!
The gel stays shiny and beautiful for about 3 weeks!!!!!! you can also do colors, this is the white french tips....

Oh..my other new obsession.......DUCK DYNASTY!!!!!!!! anyone else out there watch it????

6 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I have gels for the same reason. Major nail biter. And huge DD fans here!!! So excited for season 3!!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Could I even garden with those? I keep mine short because of all the yard work. Yours look so pretty.

Kris said...

Wow I'm a believer!! How much is the kit at Ulta?? I am Ahmed DD fan!!!!
Xo Kris

Salt Lick Shop said...

I also like the gel nails! Im into gardening and crafts all the tmie and my nails really show it. i ordered all the stuff on ebay and bought a cure light at the local Sallys.

quiltsbycheri said...

not a nail biter but as a quilter have had trouble with dry, brittle nails.....found Gel Nails and I too love it! although I do go have mine done every couple weeks because I want the whole salon pampering also...... cheri

Pokey said...

Beautiful nails, something we crafty gals do not always have. My dd has talked about the gel process, but I wondered at the expense...? I'm happy for you, Deb!
:-}pokey