Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beets and other things...


well...I didnt really get that much from my trip to Rogers.....but lots of ideas thats for sure!

I went down there specifically looking for a lemon verbena and I scored!

Never can turn down a red pot!

I also pick up some of these rustic looking pots while Im there....

Could not resist this little round U...

Not sure where Im gonna hang this but Im sure I will find someplace....

the yellow caught my eye...

Remember we stopped at that wonderful bakery on our way home....words cannot describe how good these were!!!


SOOOOO remember a few posts back I bought some beets at the farmers market...and I told you how I had hated them my whole life but I was willing to try them again....well....I did! I roasted them with some olive oil and salt and pepper just like Ina does......and guess what!!! I liked them ok...didnt love them, but I liked them....

we even had the leftover beets on our salad the next night!

Oh look...more rolls from that yummy bakery....
So yes I will eat them again...Im actually trying to grow some in my garden....and the carrots were amazing roasted. Next time..parsnips!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Fun stuff! I absolutely MUST get there one day soon!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Looks like you had some fun! I love your piano! So pretty! You asked if my hubby came to your area to tune a piano. Here is the scoop my hubby Don said:

"I will tune for a fee of $150.00 (this will pay the out of area gas money)on Monday mornings".
310-256-4019

or call
Ron Kneale @ (909) 627-7289
http://www.rkpianoservice.com/

Hope that helps!

Have a great day Deb!
Maryjane

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You're making me hungry and I just finished breakfast!

Debi said...

I love the rustic pots. I've been looking for something like that. I just like the look. Debi

Linda said...

That was such a fun day!

Holly said...

It sounded like you were going to try to grow those garlic rolls in your garden, if you figure that out, can you send me some seeds?

Judy S. said...

Another fun trip! Love those pots and the other stuff too. Great finds, especially the light or whatever it is. One of the best beet salads I ever had included goat cheese and the beets were roasted with cinnamon, I think. Just read the other day how nutritious they are.
BTW, did your first post come out with only photos? That's my blogger problem at the moment. How'd you fix it?