Thursday, June 9, 2011

A couple of finishes.....


Went over to my sisters house today to sew for a while.....finished up a couple of wool projects that had been hanging around for a few months.....it was a wonderful day and my sister is a great hostess...she made a wonderful taco salad for lunch and I snacked on yogurt covered almonds, which I had to move to the kitchen or I would still be eating them!!! First I had to walk around her back yard, which is gorgeous!
Her apple tree is ginormous...I remember when they planted it about like 26 years ago or so....she will correct me if Im wrong...and its LOADED with apples. We always enjoy my sisters apple crisp! she has so many apples she even donates them by the box load!



She has an amazing green thumb which I did not inherit:(

So I finished this cute little wool candle mat....I have a plant on it now but maybe in the fall I will put a nice spicy jar candle on it...?








And I finished this table runner...I LOVE it and the colors are nice and prim....




it looks really nice on my buffet....glad its DONE!!!!


Its always more fun to sew with someone...thanks Linda for having me and making lunch! AND letting me enjoy your yard and watching you birds and their antics...fun day!

7 comments:

Kris said...

I love the wool mat and runner!!! And I hope I get to come see Linda's yard some day too!! How funny, I was thinking of you today, and thinking how much I want to get together for sew days!!!! What fun! Hopefully we can all do it together soon!!!

Darlene said...

Love your sister's backyard! I have a dark brown thumb. LOL

Your finishes are fabulous - love both. Nice to see that you're sewing a bit. :-)

Carol said...

What fantastic finishes....I have no luck with plants...no green thumb here either. Love your sister's backyard.

glenni said...

awesome gardens! awesome projects!

Judy S. said...

What fun finishes! How nice to be able to spend the day with your sister! BTW, that plant on your candle mat looks just fine.....;)

Judy S. said...

What fun finishes! How nice to be able to spend the day with your sister! BTW, that plant on your candle mat looks just fine.....;)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love these. How I wish I could sew. I am thinking of taking a class as I have my mom's old machine.