Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rants and Raves..........




OK, because I have been on this low carb diet for 3 LOOOONNNNGGGG months, sometimes a girl needs a sweet treat, BUT I do not want to break my diet, so lookie what I found yesterday while perusing the aisles at the local Ralphs......Come to momma sweet creamy cheesecake filling with only 14 carbs per serving....only 7 if you cut the serving in half, top it off with some cool whip with only 2 carbs, and voila, a sweet low carb treat.......and so my intention was to only have 1/2 a serving, so it would only be 7 carbs......oh yeah, I who have NO will power once something that good hits my mouth, woke up this morning a pound heavier.......HOW does that happen???????How do 300 calories multiply once they get past your BIG mouth and turn into 3500??????? So now I not only have to face a wicked hotter than hell day in So Cal, I have to face it weighing an extra pound!!!!!!! Will this ever end.....
Have I said before that I HATE summer???? well, if I havent, I HATE summer.........
So I ventured into Sharper Image yesterday, its next door to Nordstrom where I spent the better part of my life, NO not shopping, working! and I bought one of these cute little fans......figuring I can put it whereever I happen to be working, sewing, scrapping, NONE of which I have been doing because its too friggin hot........today I made a promise to myself to set up an area to work on my quilt, somewhere where its cool and I wont sweat to death, I will let you know tomorrow whether I managed to do it. Did I mention I hate the heat, it sucks the life and motivation right out of me.......in the summer I have the time, but its too dang hot, in the fall and winter I have no time but plenty of motivation.....AND to top it all off, it rained here in So Cal so its now humid on top of being hot, as my dad used to say, hotter than a witches tit!!!!
OK, 3rd picture, since I have nothing to blog about except my rantings, I decided to follow what every other blogger does when they have nothing to say, and show a corner of my house.......this one I like because of the painting, my oldest painted it for me, well, she painted it for her, and because I fell in love with it, and she loves me, she gave it to me.....
OK, Im off to set up that sewing area, I used to have a sewing room when I sewed all my dolls, now it is an office........hope all of you are cooler than I am........and wish me luck, I will try to stay away from the glorious cheesecake filling in the fridge.......I know I should throw it in the trash, but that would be wasting food, and my mother told me never to waste food, so I dont, and thats why Im trying to diet!!!! Sorry for the rambling, I dont want to get busy cuz its too HOT, so I stay on this damn thing!!!!!!! Send cool breezes please!!!!

1 comment:

glenni said...

i think we are the ying and yang of summer/winter. hope it cools down for you and gets less humid. and girl, i would sooo be in trouble with a tub of that cream cheese filling! lololol, drink extra water, that lb will be gone in the morning. sending you cool lake breezes!