Thursday, June 21, 2007

MY kind of day..............



I must say, yesterday was the perfect day......aside from the heat of course...this promises to be a lonnnngggggg HOT summer.........my day started with a new sassy do from Mel, I told her to go short for the summer, I like it so much Im gonna keep it short!!!! Then, off to meet Traci at Nordies for lunch...........and then, oh my, I started gettting butterflys, a bit nervous, because I was off to meet the wonderful Miss Doe for the first time ........I have so admired her blog and her quilts from afar, laughed at her adventures, and was so thrilled to have the chance to meet her in person.......sooooooo, I drove out to The Calico Horse, an awesome quilt shop where we were to hook up...........I was a bit early so I started wandering around, drooling over the fabric and quilts......and the ladies there were so beyond nice, I have never felt so welcome!!!!! The minute I told them I was meeting Doe, they started talking about how fun and wonderful she is, so I was way less nervous (remember, ALL internet friends are not the same, lol)...when Doe walked in, the room lit up, and I just loved her!!!! Shes JUST like her blog!!!!!!!! I also liked the ladies that worked there so much, I took the leap and signed up for a class, to make....what else....Does quilt.............see the awesome fabric bundle, all retro fabrics.......can't wait for the class and to have fun with these ladies!!!!! As I was leaving they gave me a copy of thier stores cookbook, a fundraiser for breast cancer..........a delightful visit with delightful ladies whom I hope to get to know better!!!!!! Last but not least, a stop at Collective Journey just to see if there is anything I DONT have, and sure enough I managed to find a few papers, in my new favorite colors.............

OH, and check out the awesome collage pack that Doe sent my way, can I say happy happy happy.......it is filled with fun old wallpapers, old stamps, and of course, my fav, bingo cards........BINGO, yesterday I hit the jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doe, thanks for "outing me"!!!!!!

4 comments:

glenni said...

LOVE the new "do"!!!!!!! and what a FUN FUN FUN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see what you make!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you yesterday at the shop. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

You cut your hair short again...I always liked it short...so spunky!!!! I'm jealous you got to meet Doe! She's sooo wonderful and sweet in emails...I bet she was even sweater in person!

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog! I found it through Doe's! And what's up with the camera??? I thought you had the Rebel!

Nicole
http://nicoleellison.typepad.com/raggedy_old_annies/

Anonymous said...

I can finally leave a comment on your blog. Yay!!!!!
Aaaawww, it was sooo nice to finally meet you Deb. I know you'll have fun in class! Glad you like you paper goodies!