Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer project..............



For those of you who know me well, you know I put away my sewing machine a few years ago to sell perfume.........I was burnt out on doll making and wanted a new adventure.........well, now Im burnt out on perfume, lol, and I decided to drag the old machine out of mothballs, or I should say DUST! So I picked a fun easy little project, you know me, I NEED instant gratification......and voila, a sweet little table runner. It felt so good to hear the hum of the machine.......well, auctually the machine is in dire need of a tune-up, shes going in today, BEFORE my quilt class starts.........I can't even estimate how many dolls that machine has whipped up, with out ever going in for a check up.........so todays the day!
It always brings back memories when I hear the hum of a sewing machine.......my grandmother AND my mother were expert seamtresses..........grandma Wiley used to make all my Barbie clothes, my mother said forget it, lol, and I dont blame her, they were a pain! One year my Grandma bought my sister and I bride dolls, and made an entire wardrobe for them, I will try to find that pic and post it..........and she used to even make suits! The hum of the machine was always comforting to me as I drifted off to sleep at night, knowing there would be something fun in the morning to wear........a sunsuit as a young kid, later as a teen, those tent dresses made so famous by Twiggy (my idol when I was in 9th grade!) My mother made all the dresses I wore to dances, and even my wedding dress. How many of you have stood on a chair while you have your hems pinned..........I used to hate that.......time wasted! Oh well, enough of my trip down memory lane...........but there will be more projects to come, as soon as my machine is back in proper order.......Im treating her to a day at the (sewing machine) spa!!!!!
Well, lots on the to do list today, the first one being GIVE THE DOG A BATH!!!!!!
tgif..................

2 comments:

glenni said...

you whipped that cute table topper already????????? whoa, you are quick!!!! love it! i predict you will have new bedspreads, shower curtains, and window treatments in about 2 weeks :) have fun sewing!!!

[chelsey marie] said...

cute!!!! i cannot wait to sew!!!!!!!