Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm a big girl now, and some prim stuff....


OMG you guys, yesterday I finished my first big girl quilt, NOT a table runner, NOT a table topper, but a real big girl quilt!!!!!!!! and Im hooked!!!!!!! I used to think a quilt would take years to make, and for a gal like me who likes instant gratification, thats just way too long, BUT my sistas assured me I could do this, and I did!!!! mucho thanks to Ms. NoBlog and her partner in crime Ms. Geranium, Ms. NoBlog for teaching me and Ms. Sharon for threatining me that I better get it done....both of them are just the best and walked me thru this whole process....and I'm sure it wasnt easy....one time when I cut into a piece I wasnt spose to, they auctually fixed it for me, Sharon just went into her store,I mean her sewing room, and came out with the same fabric, and they made me a new square.....so without further ado, I dedicate this quilt to THEM!!!!!!!! lol.....can you do that??????? Its not a dang emmy after all, but I feel like its a throphy, especially for me who gets bored very fast and never finishes anything that cant be made in a day!!!!!! Now it doesnt have the borders yet, thats a whole different thing for me, but with Ms. NoBlogs help, I know I can do anything!!!!!!!

Today I dragged down my big orange tote filled with FALL...and I found this wall hanging I had made many many years ago, from a Piecemakers book.....I love it, and it was so much fun to make!

One reason I love to drag down fall boxes and Christmas totes is because most of my things have been made for me by my special friends......I have never kept anything I have made, its always been put in a show or sold on my website, which no longer exists,so its always a treat to have these things around me. This great prim gal was made by Raggedyoldfriend
and the fun wood stuff by Glenni...I love them!!

This great cat, again made by my bff Glenni.....

I collect old picnic baskets, these are a few of my new additions....I love them for prim decor but also because I use them for storage, you will find anything from fabric to books in them.....
Thats all for now.....but be sure to tune in in the next couple days, I will have something fun for you!!!!!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Awwwwww I am just so darn proud of you. Its like you have graduated with a Doctorate. That quilt is GORGEOUS!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love it Deb!!!! Very ver nice. We knew you could do it.
Great fall decors too. Makes me wanna get myself home and do some decorating.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first big quilt! I have been quilting 9 or 10 years now, and I have only finished 4 full-sized quilts. I always end up doing other small stuff!

Love the kitty from your bff :o)

Ginger Patches said...

I love it!!! I knew you'd be hooked once you did it :) What a great first quilt---you had good teachers too!

Carol said...

Love, Love, Love your quilt! Great fall decorations!

Kim said...

What a great job on your quilt!! The more you make the better it gets.. then you have to get them quilted. I love the pattern.. Thanks for sharing.

glenni said...

omg!!! i bow down to your quilting skills!!!!!

antique quilter said...

wow I love those picnic baskets . I am going to have to start looking around to buy some of those, they would be great to display little quilts with.
Congrats on finishing a big quilt!
WE KNEW You could do it!
wonderful....
can't wait to see what you make next

Carla said...

That's a very pretty quilt! Can't wait to see it finished and on your bed.

Unknown said...

The quilt is fabulous. Love it, love it. Congratulations.
Teresa